Howard's Library Publications
The separately published titles appearing in the Howard’s Library Catalog comprise
ongoing projects of the George Elliott Howard Institute for Advanced Sociological
Research. A CD-R is available for $10.00 containing .pdf versions of the below listed
previously published titles. To obtain the CD-R, please remit in US currency to:
Sociological Origins, 2701 Sewell Street, Lincoln, Nebraska 68502 USA.
- Dissertations and Theses Sponsored by the Department of Sociology in the
University of Nebraska-Lincoln 1905-1999: Alphabetical and Chronological
Lists. Compiled with an Introduction by Michael R. Hill. 2000.
- Nebraska Sociology Today and Yesterday: A Comprehensive List of Books in
Print. Compiled by Michael R. Hill. 2001.
- Reviews in French from L’Année sociologique (1896-1905) of Books,
Monographs, and Articles Published in English: A Chronological List. Compiled
with an Introduction by Michael R. Hill. 2002.
- A Call for the Social Puritan. By George Elliott Howard. With an editorial by the
Nebraska State Journal. Edited with Endnotes by Michael R. Hill. 2002.
- In Harriet Martineau’s Footsteps: Topographical Quotations for Walks around
Ambleside. By Harriet Martineau. Edited and arranged by Michael R. Hill. 2002.
- The English Lake District, April and May in Ambleside, and Our Farm of Two
Acres. By Harriet Martineau. Edited by Michael R. Hill. 2002.
- Letter to the Deaf. By Harriet Martineau. Edited with an introduction by Mary Jo
Deegan and Michael R. Hill. 2002.
Sociological Origins Home Page
The Howard’s Library
logo is a digital
reproduction of the
distinctive stamp that
Howard affixed to his
personal books. The
stamp can be seen today
in many volumes that
Howard donated to the
University of Nebraska